Virtual Conference Archive
Catch the Wave: Increasing Self-Employment Access to Drive Innovation
A virtual conference for vocational rehabilitation counselors, administrators, and employment staff.
Register for the archive (free of charge): Archive registration
This virtual conference, which took place on September 14th & 15th, 2022, explored self-employment topics including effective policy and innovative practices that facilitate access to self-employment for people with disabilities. Register for the archive and learn from rehabilitation professionals as they discuss their experiences and discover how impactful self-employment has been for the success of individual business owners.
This virtual conference was proudly designed for vocational rehabilitation counselors, administrators, and employment staff by the National Center on Self-Employment, Business Ownership, and Telecommuting.
Agenda at A Glance:
Day 1 - September 14th
- Welcome - Beth Keeton, Project Director, National Center on Self-Employment, Business Ownership and Telecommuting
- Keynote - Corinna H. Stiles, PhD, JD Director, Training and Service Programs Unit Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Needs Assessment - Katherine Inge, Ph.D., O.T.R., Director of Research VCU-RRTC; Director of Instructional Technology; Project Director VCU-RRTC DRRP on Customized Employment
- Success Story - Monica Doyle, Self-Employment Consultant, CBTAC
- Ticket and Self-Employment - David Leon, Virginia DARS Olivia Clawson, Employment Network
Day 2 - September 15th
- Bias and Accessibility - Issac Carter, Ph.D. The Coaching Imperative
- Incubator Project - Diego Mariscal 2Gether International
- ABLE and Self-Employment - Brian Ingram, Technical Assistant Liaison, National Disability Institute (NDI)
- Success Story: Supported Self-Employment - Kochell Weber-Ricklefs, Business Specialist, Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Service
FREE Archive Registration: https://centeronselfemployment.org/registration/conference/